All about Computer Programming (Beginner's Guide 2020)?

While learning your first language, you would be wondering, why I am learning it. What can I do with this blue screen(Turbo C++). Is there any future in printing "HELLO WORLD" as my first program. I was also thinking about all this question when I was typing my first C program and it was unable to run. I was unable to understand why I was learning it. But after 1 year I came to know why programming is important and why I should learn it.Programming has evolved a lot from past 2 decades. 
I will be clearing some basic questions that teachers didn't clarified when teaching us programming.

About me:

    So I am SHANTANU JAIN and I am pursuing my diploma from Computer Engineering. I was a computer enthusiast from my childhood. When I am not working on open source project, I am working as Freelancer. If you have any project for me to work on, I would be more than happy. 


What is Programming: 

  • Programming language is a Set of Instruction which produces various kind of output. Programming Languages are instruction to computers. Programming makes a specific task easier. 
  • Simplest Example of programming can be given as a Calculator. In calculator, an instruction is given to computer to ad two numbers, multiply them, etc.

Why you should learn Programming:

  • Programming is Fun
  • Pretty good salary (from 45k to 500k per month)
  • Programming can make things easier for you
  • Coding develops creative and logical thinking

How to learn Programming:

  • Just start from basics. Such as datatypes, arrays, while loops, if-else statements and mainly functions and classes. These are some basics you should know and how they work. 
  • Get Familiar with Programming
  • After covering all basics, move to Data Structure and algorithms. This is the most useful while getting jobs. You should master data structure and its algorithms.
  • Try to make projects on your own instead of copying it from google or GitHub. It will help you to find your mistakes and you will be able to solve them. If you find any bugs in your project, there is a website called https://stackoverflow.com/ which have solutions of all your bugs,issues,etc
  • Once you are confident about your programming skills and have made some projects, you should now go on to explore the various domains of Computer Science and see what fascinates you the most.
  • Try to use a code editor such as VS Code, Sublime Text, etc. instead of Notepad


Apps to learn programming at home:

  • Sololearn: Learn to code for free
  • Mimo:Learn coding in HTML,CSS,Javascript and More
  • Programming Hub: Learn coding in Python, java and more
  • Grasshoper: Learn to code for free
  • Enki: Learn data science, coding, tech skills,etc.
You can download these app available on playstore

Every Programmer should know:

  • Data structures
  • Design and analyze complex algorithms
  • Enhancing design pattern
  • Version Control
  • Master code editor(VS code, sublime, etc)
  • Know computer networks

Programming languages required for:

  • Hacking: Python, Java, PHP, Ruby,JavaScript,terminal
  • Data science: Ruby, java, R-language, SQL
  • Web development: Python, java, PHP, ruby, JavaScript
  • Android development: Kotlin, java, swift, C#,C++


Below are some websites to learn C and Python for free
Hope you liked this post, Comment down below
and Share this post to your programmer friends.

Comments

Post a Comment

If you have any doubts, let me know!!

Recommended for you

College Preference After Diploma in Pune

Which are Top 5 Engineering Colleges in Pune after Diploma/12th (2020 Updated!!)???

Whatsapp Hacking! Social Engineering Example